Why Every Dispensary Needs Reputation Management
The rise of the importance of online reputation management has been a gradual one but for the cannabis industry it has been faster than most other industries. With Google, Weedmaps, Leafly, and various other online review capable sites allowing customers (true or not), to post comments and feedback – it can affect your business in several unseen ways.
What you don’t know CAN hurt you
Negative posts or online slander is bad news for any dispensary but NOT doing anything about them is worse. Most online review websites allow dispensary business owners to respond to these messages and just like any other industry, some dispensaries are better than others. But the worst thing you can do is to not to respond at all and this is why. The majority of consumers are perfectly ‘ok’ with a few negative comments but can be swayed by a large amount of negative comments with no response whatsoever. Acknowledging & responding to feedback creates a positive image of your brand.
Ok, I got a negative comment. What do I do now?
Being able to respond to a consumers negative experience either purchasing or visiting your business is a extremely necessary multi-step process:
- Acceptance: Accepting & acknowledging negative comments online is the most important part.
- The old adage “The customer is always right” is extremely important is the very first step resolving the conflict.
- Sign your name at the end of your reply. Adding your to the end of your replies indicates to your customers that they are communicating with another person, not just your brand.
- Don’t make promises! Explaining what exactly occurred and what you will do to fix the situation is key here.
- Be Nice! No need to explain this one.
- Take it offline. Try to solve the issue privately through direct message or by providing an email to contact you directly.
- Reply fast. Try to reply within two hours of negative comments.
How to generate positive comments!
Creating positive comments is the best way to help protect your dispensary’s brand online.
- Always try to create engaging social media content to boost engagement and get more comments from your customers.
- Reward customers for positive interactions. Providing positive incentives like “It was such a delight to assist you today that I’ve been authorized to give you an extra 5% discount” may have a far reaching impact beyond online!
- ABC – Always Be Consistent. Keeping your messaging and online interactions consistent in all platforms and areas.